It is important to look after their oral health right from the start.
We are able to assist you with any general dentistry needs, including fillings, root canal treatment, extractions and much more.
Treatments that make the teeth look whiter, brighter, and more natural in appearance including whitening, braces and veneers.
Why should I bring my child to the dentist?
How often should I bring my child to the dentist?
It is recommended that children should visit the child dentist for check-ups and cleaning at least every 3 to 6 months, especially when the child’s primary teeth are still developing.
This allows the dentist to monitor the growth of their teeth and evaluate the changes in their teeth and gums.
If you are looking for an expert child dentist in Williams Landing, then Soho Dental is the right place for you.
How can I look after my child’s teeth at home?
It is important to establish a good dental routine with your child from a young age. This will help to develop strong and healthy teeth as your child grows older.
- Have your child follow a healthy diet and try to avoid giving them sugary drinks and treats because this can attack a new tooth and may cause decay.
- Brushing your child’s teeth at least four times a day or after every meal is recommended for good oral hygiene and the health of their teeth.
- Use a toothbrush that is designed for children.
- Brush the inside and outside surfaces of each tooth and gently brush the tongue to remove all debris.
Try to floss between teeth daily.
How Can A Child Dentist Help You?
Child dentists offer all-inclusive oral health care which focuses the special needs of children. Specifically, the dental services provided by child dentist include-
- Infant oral health exams, including risk assessment for new mother and kids.
- Preventive dental care including dental cleaning and fluoride treatments, and also nutrition and diet recommendations.
- Habit counseling (for instance, pacifier use and thumb sucking).
- Assessment and treatment for teeth straightening a misplaced tooth.
- Repairing tooth cavities and dental defects.
- Diagnosis of dental conditions linked with diseases like asthma, hay fever, and attention deficit or hyperactivity disorder.
- Managing gum and circumstances like ulcers, short ferulae, mucoceles, and pediatric periodontal diseases.
- Treatments for dental injures like fractured, displaced, or knocked-out teeth).
Child dentist specialize in the dental health of kids which helps you to develop a healthy dental schedule for your little ones right from their early age. If you are looking an expert child dentist in Williams Landing, then connect with us now for expert services.
Child Benefit FAQs
What is the Child Dental Benefits Schedule?
The Child Dental Benefits Schedule is a dental benefits program for eligible children aged 2-17 years that provides up to $1,000 in benefits to the child for basic dental services. Services that receive a benefit under the program include examinations, x-rays, cleaning, fissure sealing, fillings, root canals and extractions. Many of these services have claiming restrictions. Services can be provided in a public or private setting. Benefits are not available for orthodontic or cosmetic dental work and cannot pay for any services provided in a hospital.
Which children are eligible for dental services?
A child’s eligibility for the Child Dental Benefits Schedule is assessed by the Department of Human Services. A child is eligible if they are aged between 2-17 years at any point in the calendar year and receive a relevant Australian government payment, such as Family Tax Benefit Part A, or at any one of the following Australian Government payments:
- Youth Allowance
- Disability Support Pension
- Parenting Payment
- Special Benefit
- Carer Payment
- Double Orphan Pension
- Veteran’s Children Education Scheme, if the child is 16 or over
Military Rehabilitation and Compensation Act Education and Training Scheme, if the child is 16 or over eligibility is determined each calendar ye
When are patients assessed as eligible?
The Department of Human Services assesses a child’s eligibility from the start of each calendar year and sends a notification to the child or the child’s carer. This notification may be done electronically, or in the form of a letter, which may be presented by the patient to the practice. Routine checks are performed throughout the year to determine newly eligible children.
How do I check if my child is eligible?
Contact Medicare on 132 011. For further information go to the Department of Human Services website.
Connect with our dental experts at Soho Dental Clinic and know about the right time to start getting dental care treatments for your little ones.
Our Practice & Core Values
At SOHO dental our mission is to deliver the highest quality care along with unprecedented customer service at an affordable price. We are committed to delivering the very best results for you whether it’s delivering that perfect smile, or helping you achieve total oral wellness.