Crowns and Bridges Tarneit
Restore a tooth that is damaged, broken or chipped.
We are able to assist you with any general dentistry needs, including fillings, root canal treatment, extractions and much more.
Treatments that make the teeth look whiter, brighter, and more natural in appearance including whitening, braces and veneers.
What is a Dental Crown?
A crown is a tooth-shaped cover used to cap, strengthen and restore a tooth that is damaged, broken or chipped. It is made of metal or porcelain or in some instances both of these materials. Porcelain gives the tooth a more natural look.
When is a crown needed?
Crowns are utilised for many different reasons. Some of these reasons include:
- A crown is used when a large filling needs to be replaced.
- It is needed to protect and support a weak tooth from breaking or repair a fractured tooth.
- A crown is used to cover a dental implant or discoloured tooth.
- It is needed during root canal treatment to cover up a tooth.
The procedure and treatment for a Crown
Our friendly dentist at Soho Dental will prepare your tooth for the crown by first giving you a local anesthetic before the start of the treatment.
- Stage 1
Next, our dentist will clean the tooth to be capped and remove any signs of decay. Your tooth will then be reshaped using a small drill.
Once this is complete, dental wax will be used to take an impression of your tooth and the mould will be sent to the laboratory to be made.
During this time a temporary crown will be placed until the actual crown arrives.
- Stage 2
During your second dental visit, our dentist will remove the temporary crown. Then a special type of acid will be used on the surface of the tooth to give it a rough surface to form a strong bond with the crown.
Thereafter, our dentist will check if the crown fits or needs any adjustments. Once this is complete, our dentist will complete the procedure by fixing the crown in place using dental cement.
Connect with Soho Dental Clinic to get best dental crowns and bridges in Tarneit.
What is a dental bridge?
A dental bridge is used to replace missing teeth with false teeth/artificial teeth that are anchored onto neighboring teeth for support. It can also improve your speech, bite and help keep the shape of your facial bone structure.
When is a dental bridge needed?
Dental bridges are needed when:
• You have one or more missing teeth.
• You lose the natural shape of your face due to missing teeth.
• You have a tooth that is severely decayed.
• You have a tooth that is not stable, damaged or broken and cannot be saved.
If you have any questions or want to book yourself in for an appointment, contact us today!
Why Is a Dental Crown Needed?
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped “cap” which is fixed on a tooth in order to cover the tooth and restore its shape and size, strength. Dental crowns help you to enhance your appearance by diminishing the imperfections within teeth.
After the crowns are cemented on their place, they can entirely enclose the entire visible portion of a tooth which lies above the gum line.
You may need to fix the denture in the following situations-
- Dental crown can help you to protect a weak tooth from breaking. It can also help you to hold together the broken pars of your cracked tooth
- In order to restore a previously broken tooth or a tooth which has been harshly worn down
- Dental crown can help you to cover and support a tooth with a large filling when the tooth has been eroded.
- It can hold a dental bridge in one place.
- It helps to cover the misshapen or severely stained teeth
- Dental crown covers a dental implant
- Dental crown makes a cosmetic modification
If you are looking for Dental crowns in Tarneit, the connect Soho Dental Clinic now for the best service.
Our Practice & Core Values
At SOHO dental our mission is to deliver the highest quality care along with unprecedented customer service at an affordable price. We are committed to delivering the very best results for you whether it’s delivering that perfect smile, or helping you achieve total oral wellness.