A bright smile is perceived as a healthy smile.
TEETH WHITENING POINT COOK
Your smile creates an immediate, subconscious, visual impact on people you meet. A bright smile is perceived as a healthy smile.
What causes Tooth Discolouration?
- Teeth can discolour over time due to the aging process.
- It can discolour because of poor dental hygiene and a build-up of plaque and tartar deposits.
- Smoking and the use of tobacco, whether it is being smoked or chewed, can cause teeth to discolour.
- Consuming coffee, tea, sodas or red wine can also cause teeth to gradually become stained.
- Yellow dentin can be exposed when the tooth’s enamel gets worn down causing teeth to become discoloured.
- The intake of certain medication may also cause teeth to discolour.
Types of Teeth Whitening:
Options for teeth whitening
In office teeth whitening
A protective gel will be applied to your gums, followed by a bleaching agent that will be applied to your teeth. Thereafter, a special light may be used to release oxygen.
The stains on your teeth are then cleared, allowing the dentin to become whiter and resulting in a whiter smile.
The home whitening kit
A whitening gel is applied onto trays that are made according to the shape of your teeth. These trays are then fitted onto your teeth for 30 minutes a day for about 3 to 4 weeks.
The whitening gel gradually whitens your teeth’s enamel during this time frame.
How long will my teeth stay whiter?
How can I look after my teeth once they have been whitened?
- Cut down on foods and beverages that contain too much sugar and can stain your teeth.
- Avoid smoking.
- Brush and floss your teeth at least twice day.
- Visit the dentist regularly.
Teeth Whitening Point Cook
If you have questions or want to book a consultation for teeth whitening today, contact us!
Know Everything About Teeth Whitening.
The procedure of teeth whitening helps to lighten the colour of a tooth. Teeth whitening can be done by changing the intrinsic colour or by controlling the external stains. The chemical deprivation of chromogens inside or on the periphery of your teeth is known as bleaching. Hydrogen peroxide is the active ingredient which is commonly used in teeth whitening products and is delivered as either hydrogen peroxide or carbamide peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is similar to carbamide peroxide because it is secreted when the stable complex comes in contact with water.
When it gets diffused into your teeth, hydrogen peroxide works as an oxidising agent and breaks down to make unstable free radicals.
There are various products offered in the market to remove stains. However, to make teeth whitening successful for you, you need to consult an expert dental professional who will diagnose the type, intensity and location of your teeth discoloration. Connect with Soho Dental Clinic for best teeth whitening services in Point Cook.
Crowns and Bridges
Our Practice & Core Values
At SOHO dental our mission is to deliver the highest quality care along with unprecedented customer service at an affordable price. We are committed to delivering the very best results for you whether it’s delivering that perfect smile, or helping you achieve total oral wellness.