Help to restore your damaged tooth.
FILLINGS POINT COOK
Keeping your teeth’s natural form and function
A filling is a way to restore a tooth back to its normal shape and function. The procedure can be done by removing the decayed portion of the tooth and filling it with either a tooth-coloured composite filling or a silver metal filling to help restore the tooth.
Tooth-coloured and silver fillings (amalgams)
There are differences in the two different types of fillings, both have their advantages and disadvantages:
Tooth-coloured composite fillings
- It can be matched very closely to the colour of the existing teeth.
- Bonding to the tooth structure can provide support to the tooth.
- It is versatile and can also be used to repair chipped, broken or worn out teeth.
- They begin to harden immediately after being placed.
- They are not so strong and can only last about five years.
- They take longer to place than silver fillings.
- They can cost much more than silver fillings.
- Some composite materials can chip off the tooth depending on where it is placed.
- It can last between 10 to 15 years.
- It is stronger than tooth coloured composite fillings.
- It is less expensive than tooth coloured composite fillings.
- They don’t match the colour of your natural teeth.
- Can cause a greyish discoloration which surrounds the tooth.
- A few patients may experience an allergic to the mercury present in amalgam restorations.
Why do we need Fillings?
Other reasons for a filling are cracked/ broken teeth and teeth effected by teeth grinding or nail biting.
These problems need fixing to prevent any further damage to the teeth and restoring the tooth back to its normal shape and function.
SOHO Dental Fillings
Dentists at SOHO dental recommend you a filling which is suited to your needs: Other steps include:
- When getting a filling is to make sure that you are comfortable throughout the procedure (Dentists usually do this by using an anaesthetic).
- Removing any tooth decay.
Fillings are an important treatment that keep teeth healthy and prevent further restorative treatment. If you are concerned that you many need a filling or need to book in for an appointment, contact us today!
Our Practice & Core Values
At SOHO dental our mission is to deliver the highest quality care along with unprecedented customer service at an affordable price. We are committed to delivering the very best results for you whether it’s delivering that perfect smile, or helping you achieve total oral wellness.