Replace missing teeth and restore the function of your jaw.
DENTURES POINT COOK
What is Denture?
Acrylic material is used to design the teeth because it resembles the natural colour of teeth.
Who needs Dentures?
- People who have lost all or some of their teeth require dentures.
- People who want to improve their speech and chewing ability.
- People whose facial features have collapsed due to missing teeth.
Different types of Dentures:
At Soho Dental, we have a range of dentures to suit your oral needs. The two main types include:
- A complete or full denture – These replace all of the natural teeth in the upper or lower jaws. There are various types of full dentures.
- Conventional full dentures – are made and inserted after teeth have been removed and the tissues have healed. Healing may take several months.
- Immediate full dentures – are inserted immediately after teeth have been removed.
- A partial denture – These fill in the gaps of missing teeth and are attached to your natural teeth with metal clasps. It can be removable or fixed.
The advantages of Dentures
- All or some of your missing teeth can be replaced with Dentures.
- Dentures allow you to improve your bite and speech.
- Dentures can enhance your nutritional needs by providing you with the opportunity to eat a wide variety of food which was restricted when your teeth were missing.
The disadvantages of dentures
- Dentures can move because they are not fixed onto your jaw.
- It may change the natural appearance of your face over time.
- Infections could be caused by dentures due to poor hygiene and maintenance.
- Can cause bad denture breathe.
- They need to be washed thoroughly every day and stored in a glass of cold water before bedtime, which could make them slightly difficult to manage.
Crowns and Bridges
Our Practice & Core Values
At SOHO dental our mission is to deliver the highest quality care along with unprecedented customer service at an affordable price. We are committed to delivering the very best results for you whether it’s delivering that perfect smile, or helping you achieve total oral wellness.